Commandez ici votre CD-rom ' Le Coude'
Le Coude - Démo
Loose Body in an arthrotic joint
- The patient is middle aged or elderly and mentions a slight ache in the elbow.
- On top of that he reports attacks of pain lasting a few days or weeks
- The acute symptoms disappears spontaneously.
- Between the attacks : capsular pattern of limitation with a hard endfeel
( arthrosis )
- During the attacks : a non-capsular pattern with gross limitation of
extension/ or flexion, combined with a soft springy endfeel .
- The loose bodies are usually osseous and visible on a radiograph.
- Manipulations can be performed during the attacks.
- Usually the (acute) condition subsides spontaneously without any treatment.
- Arthroscopic removal may be considered in case the recurrence rate of acute attacks is too high.